Thursday, October 27, 2011

~Shakspeare in the Schools: Stage Combat Training~

"Uh! You're wearing the same dress as me!" she spits out, with a disgusted look on her face.   
       "Well I look better in it!" I reply to Melanie. The carribean blue went amazingly with my own blue eyes and long chocolate brown hair. She quite honestly looked gorgeous with her dirty blonde hair and faded blue eyes. But there was no way I was going to let her get away with that attitude. I'd probably bought mine first anyway.             
       The look on her face is priceless until she takes a swing at me. I dodge before her fist can hit my face. I'm appalled! All I did was speak the truth. Now I'm mad. How dare she try to hit me.      
      "I can't believe you just..." Before I can stop myself I take a swing at her stomach and miss. Melanie's face is red and flushed and I know I'm in for it.            
      Melanie takes a step towards me and before I can react, I take a blow to the gut. Pain surges through my stomach as I recoil. People are starting to notice the commotion and are walking over. I ignore the pain, knowing that I can't let her get away with that.      
      "Now you're in for it!" I yell as I lunge towards her. I catch her off balance as my fist strikes her upper left cheek. She hits the ground moaning and holding her face. The battle has obviously been won with me as the reigning champion.             
      "Boom!" I say as I turn to walk away. I hear people behind me helping Melanie up and muttering to themselves. I realize that with this battle I may have just started a war. 

2 comments: